ACPR is hiring! We’re seeking a savvy professional to join our Fort Collins, Colorado team as either a Public Relations Coordinator or Public Relations Assistant.
This position will report directly to the Founder & Principal, and will act as her right hand and trusted go-to. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or another relevant area. PR Coordinator applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house. PR Assistant applicants must have both internship and work experience. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of public relations (with an emphasis in media relations), a handful of media contacts (and a commitment to growing their editor relationships), proven track record of assisting in press hits, and a basic understanding of how to market beauty, home and lifestyle brands.
This is a full time, salaried position that includes benefits including: paid time off, paid company holidays, holiday bonus, 50% health, dental and vision insurance, mobile phone stipend, fitness stipend, annual enrichment trip and conference, regular team building activities, and employee meals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Founder & Principal with day-to-day requests
• Achieve monthly objectives set by Founder & Principal
• Update and maintain all company lists: media tracking, press coverage, monthly pitches, monthly focuses, etc.
• Contribute to the ACPR blog
• Other writing projects as assigned
• Assist Founder & Principal with monthly status reports
• Assist in managing company interns
• Suggest and participate in activities to grow company exposure
• Identify new business opportunities
• Develop strong relationships with clients
• Act as backup to Founder & Principal as point-of-contact for clients
• Attend in-person meetings with clients when appropriate
• Develop strong relationships with media
• Assist in the creation of PR Plans
• Identify, pitch and follow up with media
• Create and distribute high impact and creative media email blasts
• Secure press hits: long lead, short lead, broadcast, awards, etc.
• Write press materials (fact sheets, bios, press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, etc.)
• Schedule media visits and appointments
• Fulfillment of client product mailings
• Identify other client exposure opportunities: sponsored posts, gifting, trade shows, events, etc.
• Attend in-person meetings with media when appropriate
Basic job requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related area
• PR Coordinator applicants require 2 years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house setting
• PR Assistant applicants require prior internship and work experience
• Have existing media contacts, and a commitment to building a fat rolodex of contacts
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to land press hits, and maybe even have a few existing hits to share
• Be an excellent communicator—verbal, written and beyond—with a strong understanding of both the AP and creative writing styles
• Be a strategic thinker with endless amounts of creativity
• Be a self starter and multi-tasking master that’s highly organized, have the initiative to start and maintain projects, and be willing to go above and beyond the job description
• Be a pop culture junkie and know what’s hot in the press and to consumers
• Be passionate about the beauty, home and lifestyle categories
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Cision, InDesign and WordPress
All qualified candidates should email their resumes and a short description explaining why they want to work for ACPR directly to Allyson Conklin. This position is open to local candidates only. No phone calls, please.
Photo courtesy of @allysonconklinpr