ACPR is growing! We’re seeking a savvy professional to join our team as a Public Relations Assistant. This position will report directly to the Founder & Principal. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or another relevant area with both internship and work experience. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of public relations (with an emphasis in media relations), vast knowledge of media outlets, proven track record of success in their career, and a basic understanding of how to market beauty, home and lifestyle brands.
This is a full time position with an annual salary of $30K with benefits including: paid time off, paid company holidays, holiday bonus, 50% health, dental and vision insurance, mobile phone stipend, fitness stipend, annual enrichment trip and conference, regular team building activities, and employee meals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Founder & Principal with day-to-day requests
• Achieve monthly objectives set by Founder & Principal
• Update and maintain all company lists: media tracking, press coverage, monthly pitches, monthly focuses, etc.
• Compile and submit daily press hit sweeps
• Manage the ACPR blog: What We’re Reading, 20 Questions With, regular posts, etc.
• Management of magazine subscriptions
• Writing projects
• Develop strong relationships with clients
• Act as backup to Public Relations Coordinator as point-of-contact for clients
• Attend in-person meetings with clients when appropriate
• Develop strong relationships with media
• Identify, pitch and follow up with media
• Create and distribute high impact and creative media email blasts
• Rapid Response daily pitching
• Identify and pitch feature story opportunities
• Secure press hits: long lead, short lead, broadcast, awards, etc.
• Assist in the creation of press materials (fact sheets, bios, press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, etc.)
• Schedule media visits and appointments
• Fulfillment of client product mailings
• Management of editorial calendars and awards
• Identify other client exposure opportunities: sponsored posts, gifting, trade shows, events, etc.
• Attend in-person meetings with media when appropriate
• Management of ACPR social media channels
• Strategically write and schedule social media content calendars on a monthly basis
• Upload client press hits to Facebook
Basic job requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related area
• Prior PR internship and work experience
• Be committed to building a fat rolodex of contacts
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to land press hits, and maybe even have a few existing hits to share
• Be an excellent communicator—verbal, written and beyond—with a strong understanding of both the AP and creative writing styles
• Be a strategic thinker with endless amounts of creativity
• Be a self starter and multi-tasking master that’s highly organized, have the initiative to start and maintain projects, and be willing to go above and beyond the job description
• Be a pop culture junkie and know what’s hot in the press and to consumers
• Be passionate about the beauty, home and lifestyle categories
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Cision, InDesign and WordPress
All qualified candidates should send their resumes and a short description explaining why they want to
work at ACPR to Allyson Conklin via email. Local candidates only. No phone calls, please.