ASK ALLYSON: Don’t get me wrong. I love my life. But lately it’s stressing me out. I work a full time job, have a boyfriend and the best friends, my family is beyond supportive, and I even joined a book club. But I feel like I have to say ‘yes’ to every single invitation. I have zero time for myself. What’s a girl to do? -All I Want To Do Is Face Mask And Chill
Dear All I Want To Do Is Face Mask And Chill,
Just say no. I know, it’s brutal. Because you want to be everything to everyone, and at all times. If that touched a nerve, I feel you. It did for me, too. For most of my life, I strove to be ‘that girl.’ The one who did it all, and still got 10 hours of sleep a night (yes, I require a lot of sleep), started everyday with a green juice and a workout, and always seemed to have a smile on her face and pep in her step (and glowing skin and pretty hair) no matter what was going on. But being ‘that girl’ comes with a price. Think of it like this: The more you say yes to others, the more you say no to yourself. Spoiler alert: This means no to the face mask and no to the chill, or whatever it is that you do to recharge. When you have nothing left to give, well, you have nothing left to give. To anyone. Including yourself. I totally get it. Saying no can be scary. So start small. Start where it feels safest and then work yourself up from there. The more you do it, the more natural it’ll feel and the more confident you’ll become doing it. When you finally are able to face mask and chill, make sure you put your phone on do not disturb so you can enjoy every minute of it.
Hey there! I’m Ashley, ACPR’s new Junior Publicist. I’m a year into post-grad life and couldn’t be more excited to be joining the ACPR Girl Gang! I’ve been hustling for the past month while I settled into my *dream job* and now as an official team member, I think it’s time I introduce myself. I’m all about keeping things short and sweet, and these fast facts will tell you everything you need to know about me!
1. I was born in Oregon but have lived in New Jersey, California, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, and most recently Washington. Whenever someone asks me where I’m from, I never know what to say.
2. I graduated from Portland State University in 2018, but have been working as a freelance publicist for over two years, with most of my experience in entertainment and tech.
3. I’m engaged to my middle school sweetheart and we’re (finally) getting married this May. If anyone needs any advice on dresses, putting together bridesmaid proposals, or finding wedding bands that won’t break the bank, I’m your girl!
4. I’m the proud parent of a two-year-old French Bulldog and Boston Terrier mix named Pippa!
5. When I’m not at my laptop, you’ll find my at my KitchenAid mixer. I love baking, but always have to give any desserts I make to family and friends. I’m a serial snacker and cannot be trusted around sweets.
6. My favorite self-care practice is setting aside an hour to go to spin class. To me, intense cardio, loud music, and completely shutting off my brain is the perfect way to end the day.
7. I couldn’t live without my stash of lip balms. I always have (at least) three on me at all times. Glossier’s Balm Dotcom is always in the mix.
8. Nothing perks me up like a Pink Drink from Starbucks; it has quickly become my signature drink! Not only is it delicious, but it’s dreamy millennial pink color is perfect is for quick Instagram shots.
9. The smell of books is my favorite aromatherapy. I will always prefer my paperbacks to anything on my e-reader, and Powell’s Books in Portland is my favorite place to spend a Saturday afternoon.
10. In high school I took French for four years and spent two weeks hopping between Agen, Nerac, Biarritz, and Paris. I still know enough French to make my way down the Champs Elysees and find the best boutiques, cafes, and patisseries — you know, the important things.
The more you know,
Ashley Casey is ACPR’s Junior Publicist and in-house pop culture expert. She’s a beauty junkie, reality television addict, and trivia queen.
We’ve added another client to our roster! Introducing Sonder Grace, our first CBD client! A high end CBD products brand with consumables and topicals that’s based right here in Fort Collins, we were smitten from day one. Sonder Grace CBD products are formulated with THC-free, full spectrum CBD oil that’s organically grown in Colorado and formulated with no hidden chemicals, preservatives, or emulsifiers. Products are also vegan and cruelty-free, and the brand is 100% women owned and operated, so you know we love that!
Welcome to the family, Sonder Grace! We’re so happy you’re here.