New year, new job? If you’ve been patiently waiting for the chance to join our team, this could be it!
We’re seeking a savvy professional to join our team as a Junior Publicist. This position will report directly to the Founder & Principal. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or another relevant area with a minimum of two years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house. Ideal candidates will have experience with direct to consumer lifestyle brands, solid media relationships, and an impressive track record of press hits.
This is a full time, salaried position that starts at $40K and includes benefits including: paid time off, paid company holidays, holiday bonus, 50% health, dental and vision insurance, mobile phone stipend, fitness stipend, annual enrichment trip and conference, regular team building activities, and employee meals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Founder & Principal with day-to-day requests
• Achieve monthly objectives set by Founder & Principal
• Update and maintain all company lists: media tracking, press coverage, monthly pitches, monthly focuses, etc.
• Contribute to the ACPR Blog
• Other writing projects as assigned
• Assist Founder & Principal with monthly status reports
• Manage company interns
• Suggest and participate in activities to grow company exposure
• Identify and pitch new business opportunities
• Act as backup to Founder & Principal as company spokesperson
• Build and foster relationships with local PRSSA chapters
• Manage ACPR Shop initiatives
• Develop strong relationships with clients
• Act as backup to Founder & Principal as point-of-contact for clients
• Facilitate phone and email interviews with clients
• Attend in-person meetings with clients
• Develop strong relationships with media
• Assist in the creation of PR Plans
• Identify, pitch, and follow up with media
• Create and distribute high impact and creative media email blasts
• Rapid Response daily pitching
• Identify and pitch feature story opportunities
• Secure press hits: long lead, short lead, broadcast, and awards
• Write press materials (fact sheets, bios, press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, etc.)
• Identify other client exposure opportunities: sponsored posts, gifting, trade shows, and events
• Attend in-person meetings with media
Basic job requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related area
• 2+ years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house setting
• Solid media relationships, and a commitment to expanding their network
• Impressive book of earned media placements
• Excellent communicator—verbal, written, and beyond—with a strong understanding of both the AP and creative writing styles
• Strategic thinker with endless amounts of creativity
• Self-starter and multi-tasking master that’s highly organized, have the initiative to start and maintain projects, and be willing to go above and beyond the job description
• Pop culture junkie and know what’s hot in the press and to consumers
• Passionate about the beauty, home, and lifestyle categories
• Champion for indie brands
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Cision, InDesign, Canva, and WordPress
All qualified candidates should send their resumes, 2-3 writing samples, a sampling of recent press placements, and a short statement explaining why they want to work at ACPR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re thrilled to share that we’re now representing WildBloom Skincare! A line of pure skincare for face and body, products feature thoughtfully crafted formulations with the highest quality botanicals, essential oils, vitamins, and antioxidants celebrated for safety and efficacy. The 21-piece product line offers a customized approach to skincare, giving women the ability to tailor their regimen based on their unique needs. Headquartered right here in Fort Collins, Colorado, Bonnie O’Brien and Liz Durnin are the co-creators at the helm of this incredible brand, as well as Velvet Files, the beloved local non-toxic nail and skincare salon.
Welcome to the party, WildBloom Skincare! We’re so happy to have you.
826 total placements for the year. We worked our tails off this year, and it shows. I can’t wait to see what we’re able to make happen for our incredible clients next year.
Launching Eat Sleep Pitch Repeat. Years in the making, I’m so happy it’s finally a thing. Our tees are selling like hotcakes, so get yours before they sell out!
Bonus: Celebrating eight years as a company. Where did the time go?!
With such a momentous year behind us, 2019 has got some big shoes to fill. But I have a feeling it’s going to be even better. Here’s to all good things for all of us!
Allyson Conklin is ACPR’s Founder and Principal. Her ‘word’ for 2019 is vitality, and she plans to bring it to life through taking bigger (albeit calculated) risks, embracing rest, and living in the moment.