May 15, 2020
10 Things I’m Loving With Michelle Lisac
Besides my wild 10 year old son, here are the “10 Things I’m Loving…”
1. Nespresso. It is my morning ritual to wake up and make a latte using my nespresso machine and milk frother. I am both a night owl and (somewhat) an early bird so the small amount of sleep makes coffee a necessity. I seriously love that thing and don’t know how I ever lived without it?
2. Baking! Even before this shelter in place started, my main source of relaxation and decompression has always been baking. But now more than ever, I have been baking up a storm: bread, brownies, muffins, cake, cookies, you name it. I’m planning to learn how to make croissants next. The “Quarantine 15” is going to be a real thing in our household!
3. I recently picked up some of these sweet little ceramic snakes, and just can’t get over what a great little piece of décor they are. They come in different sizes, the medium and large size can hold an air plant or a candle. They make for perfect desk accessories, and can give you something to talk to while you’re missing your co-workers!
4. True Botanicals Pure Radiance Clear Face Oil. I just started using this a few months back. It is the first thing I put on my face after washing and I’ve been using this in place of a regular cream moisturizer. It helps battle those pesky breakouts. I really love the natural ingredients and it smells heavenly!
5. I have a serious sweet tooth and I’m not usually a salty snack person, but I just might be addicted to the Ranch Tortilla Chips by Siete. They are dairy free, gluten free, and grain free so I like to think they are somewhat healthy. I can (and sometimes do) devour a whole bag all by myself!
6. My fave candle from Basik Candle Co was gifted to me by Carly, the Junior Designer in my office. I love the Blood Orange and Bergamot scent, it’s so fresh and lovely!
7. I am a jeans and T-shirt kinda gal, and every outfit is basically some version of that (whether dressed up or down). My favorite pair is currently these Rivet & Thread jeans from Madewell. My fave T-shirts are by Groceries Apparel, who use organic and recycled materials and manufacture in Los Angeles.
8. My current go-to lip balm is Cucumber Honey Lip Balm by The Cottage Greenhouse. It was given to me by Senior Designer Ariela this past Christmas. I love the fresh scent of cucumber and the little bit of shine it gives your lips. I plan to stock up on it so I never run out!
9. I’m not one to wear a lot of jewelry, but the pieces I do wear I keep on and rarely, if ever take off. One of my absolute favorite pair of earrings is from Kasia and was gifted to me by one of my nearest and dearest friends, Vanessa of Studio Matsalla. I love how dainty and simple they are!
10. This new fabric line available through Schumacher called, “A Rum Fellow” features awesome, woven fabrics in fun stripes, patterns and solids. It’s a great pick-me up for your place that’s in need of some new pillows and/or reupholstery.
Michelle Lisac is the Founder and Principal Designer of Michelle Lisac Interior Design, a Santa Cruz County based interior design studio. One of our newer clients, we quickly fell (and hard) for Michelle when she joined us earlier this year. She has impeccable style (dare you to not get sucked into her IG), and this totally enviable, effortless cool (teach us your ways!). She *is* California cool. During quarantine we’ve been amazed by her ability to do it all. Homeschooling a 10 year old while running an in-demand business — she makes it seem so effortless (again, teach us your ways!). Oh and she’s also recently mastered the art of baking bread, so there’s that.