June 12, 2020
10 Things I’m Loving With Maggie Griffin
1. These are crazy times for us all right now, and while I’ve been (not so well most of the time) balancing between mama, interior designer, referee to my two boys, homeschool teacher, wife, and chef (phew!), Instacart has been my lifesaver! I haven’t had to go to a grocery store in months, and my local Instacart shoppers have been so sweet and pleasant. It has kept our fridge stocked and our bellies full while I have been trying new recipes during quarantine.
2. I’ve been super into installing gorgeous wallpapers in my clients’ homes! Each one leaves me inspired and wishing I had 100 more houses to decorate in endless amounts of wallpaper. Our favorites are Schumacher and Kravet—I can’t get enough of the patterns, colors, and how the papers instantly elevate a room (especially an often-seen powder room)!
3. I’ve been loving deep, moody paint colors for my clients who are still scarred by the maroon, hunter green, and navy blue wallpapers of the 80’s. My favorite colors right now are dark teals, grey, and preppy blues because they leave such an impact—even if it’s only one room in their home!
4. Displaying collections—both for myself and my clients. Hanging plates are my favorite! I love mixing antique china into a “new” room for a little touch of history.
5. Right now, I’m all about modern art hung over an antique chest. It’s my fave way to bridge the old and new!
6. On the days that my assistant and I get out for an appointment or two, we LOVE Zoe’s Kitchen for a fast and fresh lunch! I am currently loving their new lentil salad with salmon, yum!
7. While my little one naps, my oldest and I love to bake during “our” time. We’ve been loving this recipe from Rachel Parcell! I keep the dough in my fridge and cook a few cookies at a time— there’s truly nothing better than a warm cookie at night!
8. In an attempt to keep the extra covid-19 lbs away (ha!), my husband and I have recently subscribed to Veestro, a vegan meal delivery service. We really try to eat healthy most of the time, but it makes those warm cookies afterward that much better.
9. Our friends over at Neat Method Atlanta leave us both inspired and wishing we could have them visit every day! Over quarantine, I have cleaned out a ton of our cabinets and drawers, and I always look to them for how to style my stuff!
10. I recently discovered this white T-shirt on Amazon, and it’s amazing! Thin but not see-through, fitted but not tight, long but not too drape-y.
Maggie Griffin is the Founder and Lead Designer of Maggie Griffin Design, a Gainesville, Georgia based interior design studio. We’ve been fans of Maggie’s for ages, so imagine how thrilled we were when we snagged her as a client last summer! Maybe it’s her knack for bringing to life spaces that are everything our dreams are made of — traditional but contemporary, layered, and full of all the super special details that create instant home envy (who knew we needed a Butler’s Pantry so desperately?). Or maybe it’s because we consider her Southern Hospitality in a human body (she’s one of the kindest people we know). Or maybe it’s her love for chinoiserie (this was just the icing on the cake for Allyson). Whatever it is, we can’t get enough of her. She inspires us to live life beautifully.