October 28, 2020
10 Things I’m Loving With Julie Levin
1. Decorated pumpkins! I live in a very rural mountain community (a close neighbor can be 1/2 miles away or further). Every October, the homeowners decorate and place pumpkins along the road. As you drive the long and winding seven mile road into our neighborhood, you are met with cute orange faces along the way. I just purchased two more pumpkins to decorate, and then I’m done, really!
2. Blue Light Blockers from Bunny Eyez have been a game changer for my long hours working on the computer. They have so many cute styles to showcase on Zoom meetings.
3. We just started carrying Romaine Calm and Carry On totes on the Leaf People website. I’ve got three in my personal rotation now, because there is no such thing as too many reusable bags.
4. I’m obsessed with creating new “healthy” dessert recipes so I can justify having dessert for breakfast. Just as I love formulating new skincare products, I love getting my groove on in the kitchen. I just finished perfecting a golden tahini oat cake, featuring our new Golden Root Adaptogen Boost.
5. At least once a week, I need to spice up my morning coffee, and Tipu’s Chai fits the bill perfectly. I love adding a shot of espresso and almond milk to their Pure Chai mix!
6. I am a bit of an organizational nut. Mod Crmx keeps my space polished while still being totally functional. I have a particular affinity for the small containers to wrangle the random bits on my desk and in the lab.
7. My puppy, Miss Miko! She’s a very chatty and sassy husky mix who always shows up just in time for a little comedic relief. She manages all lunch breaks and makes sure the Leaf People team pops out for fresh air break during the day!
8. For all things kitchen and table, I love June & December. Their botanically based designs are made from natural flour sack materials. They’re the perfect kitchen accent for any plant lover or nature aficionado. Plus, their website has a plethora of interesting plant facts to enhance your plant knowledge.
9. I use Bu’s Biodynamic Compost Tea on all of my indoor plants during the winter. It keeps their leaves a little greener, their branches a little higher, and gives them additional support as the days become shorter. Their logo, Bu on a surfboard, is adorable!
10. Supporting local is a very established practice in our rural little mountain community. One of my favorite weekly stops is Skip’s Farm to Market, a very small but well-stocked grocer that only carries locally grown or made products. In additional to great produce, I appreciate the awareness they create for what is truly in season locally.
Julie Levin is a Medical Herbalist and the Founder of Leaf People, a Colorado based line of plant based skincare that marries botanical science with western medical herbalism. From the moment Allyson met Julie, she felt a very special, kindred spirit-like connection (Allyson calls it one of her “meant to be” connections). From teaching us about Mother Earth, spirituality, holistic health, and how to stay true to ourselves while in the pursuit of our dreams, Julie is not only a wealth of knowledge but a complete and total inspiration — she inspires us to walk the walk. And then there’s her business prowess. It’s second to none — and she is a true balance of grit and grace (she just launched 20+ new products in one fell swoop!). Plus she’s based in Colorado and is a dogmom (hi, Miko girl!). Julie’s approach proves that nice girls can finish first, and that they can do it their own style and with beautiful skin.